Crow Family Happenings

Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow Day?

I was awakened this morning at 5:30 AM by my cell phone. I didn't think much of it. I've grown used to waking up to my cell phone alarm. But I set it to 6:00 AM. So I grumbled, rolled over and turned it off. 15 seconds later my wife's cell phone went off. "She doesn't use her cell phone to wake herself up" I thought. She turned off her ringer and rolled over. It took me another 30 seconds to realize it was a real call.

The only one crazy enough to call both of us at 5:30 AM was a family member, with bad news! Reaching over I looked at my phone and saw I have a message. A few numbers later I hear this message "This is the superintendent of Robertson County Schools. Due to inclement weather, schools will be delayed for two hours." What? I get out of bed and run (OK, I stumbled) to the window. Looking out I see......nothing. No snow, no ice, not even fog. I see a couple of cars with frost. It is cold. It is in the 20's. But come on! School delayed on account ....cold?

This happened last year too. The school budgets a certain amount of snow weather days, and they never use it all. So when the chance comes, they take it.

I get to work and find there were some areas with snow... south of us. And most of the counties cancelled school altogether. Black ice was every where. There were even some cars with an inch of snow on top driving on the freeway. I must have been in a pocket of clear weather.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home