Crow Family Happenings

Monday, November 24, 2008

Elder Nip King Lun (Wilson)

This morning I received notice that a mission companion of mine had passed away from liver cancer on October 28th 2008. He had been fighting it for a while. About a year ago I lost contact with him. He had apparently moved from Seattle back to Hong Kong for medical care and to be with family around that time.

He was very intelligent, and idealistic. He finished law school and was practicing in Seattle. He considered himself a nationalist (small "N") Chinese, but supported the Communist party as the legitimate government of China. Of the many companions I had, he was one of the few with whom I connected personally. When we would see each other he would quote the opening lines of the "Sounds of Silence" as a way of greeting "Hello, darkness, my old friend. I've come to talk with you again." It was his way of making fun of me because sometimes he caught me with my eyes open during a prayer. Think about it. We served in Macau together for three months and later spent time in the Mission Office together.

When I last spoke with him he was nervous about introducing his wife and daughter to his family in Hong Kong. They did not even know he was married.

He will be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home